Well Hey There, Ya’ll!
I’m feeling kinda sad that I haven’t been posting on here as much as I would have liked to. I know I don’t owe anyone an explaination, life gets busy (especially with all of the fun summer stuff to do!).
But, I’m back, and have about 20 different recipes from the past month all edited and ready to go! So, this week, I’ll be posting something new every. single. day of the week. I know, I know, I’m excited about it too. ;)
And now, for something completely different (cue Monty Python theme): I wanted to give you guys a little glimpse into what I’ve been up to this month with my favorite photos from Instagram. If you want to see more, follow me here!
I mainly post behind the scenes photos, lots of food ideas that don’t make it on the blog, and everything inbetween!
1) The first thing we did on vacation was make a big batch of homemade margaritas! Doesn’t get much better than that!
2) We also made a whole Mexican inspired dinner. Homemade Chicken Taquitos, as well as Tacos and all the fixin’s.
3) Enjoying some coffee on the beach! (Lucky Me).
4) Post Beach Snack. Coconut Water and Lots of Fruit!
5) Margaritas (again), and red as a lobster (Ooops!)! I’m usually very careful about not getting burned, but we actually all ended up this way! We were sitting on the beach one day, and all of the sudden, very close to the Shore, we saw a HUGE Whale swimming along and jumping in the air. We were all so mesmerized for hours that we just forgot to reapply. Hence a family of red, sore, lobsters.
6) Some of my all time favorite ice cream on the boardwalk. This time I got a soft serve vanilla chocolate twist. Ugh, someone ship me a cone, I’m craving it like crazy!
7) SHARK!!!! (in a tank, of course). Fun at the aquarium.
8) Gorgeous sunset at the beach. My happy place <3
9) Ice cream date with my fella.
10)….and then we sat and watched the storms roll in.
11) We went to a CSNY concert outside. It was incredible!!!!
12) Enjoying the fresh summer air and the wind in our hair!
13) Alex decided to cook me dinner one night, Chicken Fried Steak and Collards. I think I may have some cooking competition… ;)
14) I love summer for the local farm stands. So many gorgeous fruits and vegetables, and it’s amazing to buy things that were grown right in your own town.
15) Date Night at the Movies! I indulged into a giant bag of popcorn (extra fake butter- no shame).
16) Our new little car! A 1964 Volvo. Runs like a dream, and it’s a lot of fun!
17) It was wickedly humid here the other day, and a storm was finally rolling in. So, we made some chicken quesadillas and ice cold margaritas! (Are you seeing a theme here?!)
18) After a long work week, we decided to go for a picnic with a nice bottle of champage. Who needs a serious reason to enjoy some bubbly? Every day is a celebration! <3
If you enjoyed A Day In The Life, follow me over at my Instagram to see more!
If you love Pinterest as much as I do, we should be Pin Pals! I’m on there almost every night, and I’m always finding so many fun crafts, recipes, and inspirations. Click the photo below to head over there and take a looksie!